Thursday, November 13, 2008

Either More News, or More Confusion......



Well another day meant another Dr. Appointment. This time we went to see her primary care Dr. We needed a referral to the Neurologist because apparently they can't take the notes from the Dr. in the ER as a referral. So I took in her discharge summary with me and he did an exam on her.

Remember how I said this all started around July, and remember how she had that neck injury? Well her Primary Care Dr. thinks she is having Neck issues that are contributing to it as well. He said that at the base of her neck it's all messed up, and her spinal cord is out of whack. On the referral he also wrote to check for rib dysfunction? Little confused on that one.

I guess the good news is that we are being taken seriously, we have another prescription for Zofran, and we are going to go see a chiropractor in the mean time. We'll see the same one we saw back when she had her neck injury over the summer. Crazy thing is, is that we still don't know what caused that.

Of course this neck stuff is still on top of the fact that she has the problems with her blood pressure, so it's not like they are thinking it is this instead of that. If you know what I mean.

Things just get more and more exciting every day.

I am thankful that we have another route to look into instead of a whole lot of shoulder shrugging. It will be nice once we get into the Neurologist though, hopefully they can shed some more light on all of this. So far she has been out of school 2 1/2 days this week.

She also has tonsils the size of Texas that we need to have taken out.

Welcome to my life.......

6 comments:

momtojesse said...

I hope you can get some answers soon. Wow, so some neck problems now too. I wish you guys could catch a break. We're praying that you can get in soon and find out what's going on.

Wendy's Mom said...

I know this is all hard but at least the PCP did take this seriously and is willing to help get her into the Neurologist.
So you guys have no idea what happen to her neck? Sorry I must has missed that post. Maybe I will go back and read about it. LOL!!

I hope that they figure out what all is going on right now. It really sounds like it is more complicated than they thought.

Let us know when you see the Neurologist. I cannot comment on going to the Chiropractor because I have mixed feelings on that one. Did you mention this to your PCP and did he/she feel it would be safe?
I have nothing against Chiro's either. When it comes to the neck and spinal cord it just concerns me is all. LOL!! However it might just be something that is out of line and the Chiro might be the best one to go too. LOL!!

Keep us posted!

Love,
Sheila

My Three Sons said...

I'm praying for her pain to ease and the answers to come soon!

Niksmom said...

Did the recent CT scan include the neck to check for Chiari Malformation or any other sort of cervical compression?

As the doctor to find out before you go to the chiropractor. If there's no sign of CM, it's safe to see the chiro. If it's uncertain you should check it out first. IF (big if, but still...) she has CM, a chiro could actually make it worse. Temporary relief bu then the compression gets worse.

Sending prayers and hugs. xo

Ally in Wonderland said...

I keep praying for you guys, keep us updated please!

Wendy's Mom said...

I forgot to say! That is a really cute picture of Chloee! However, I can tell she does not feel good in it. Poor Baby Girl!!

I hope the zofran helps her over the weekend.

Chloee,
I am so sorry you are feeling bad. I know your Mom is doing all she can to find out what is going on so that you can feel better soon. hang in there girl! You are a CUTIE PIE!!

Love,
Sheila