Monday, November 24, 2008

Daddy's Little Girl.....


You know it's funny. My whole life, since I can remember I have always wanted a girl. Funny that I ended up with 3 boys, but good that I got my girl. One is enough.

Boo and I are very best friends. She could be my twin from when I was younger. She is beautiful, and we have so much fun together.

But her and Andy have a bond that I can't touch.

She is a Daddy's Girl. She has been since day one.

Andy wanted all boys. He never wanted a girl. He came from a family where all they knew was boys. It was him and his 3 brothers, he raised his two brothers. They did boy things, blowing up GI Joe's in the back yard, making dry ice bombs, swimming in the canal under the road.

They were rotten boys all around, just ask em. ;)

Andy's world has been turned around with our little girl. He can often be found playing babies with her, and feeding her stuffed animals while she runs upstairs to get some clothing for one thing or another.

But my favorite thing that he has done with her was when she dressed up as Tinkerbell when she won that princess makeover. Andy came home from work, and she was all dressed up. She looked at him and said, "Daddy!! Look at my wings, can you make me fly?"

He picked her up and flew her around the front yard. I will never forget that moment, and the smile on Chloee's face as her daddy was able to make her fly.

If you always believe, dreams will come true, and I belive every day.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

O.k., you've got me crying :)

My Three Sons said...

I think it is good that they have such a strong bond. It is always so sweet to see that kind of love between daddy and his little girl.

Amber said...

I think this picture would be absolutely beautiful in a pastel drawing...maybe you could even print this post up and have it framed together...It's be an awesome Father's Day gift, except he's the artist...otherwise, just have a bigger print made, and frame/mat with this post.